Is it June already?! Seems like yesterday we were celebrating the New Year and now here we already halfway through 2017.
Chances are you woke up with a goal in mind for the day. Maybe it was to workout first thing in the morning, kick ass at a job interview, eat a healthy meal, remember to feed the dog, wear matching shoes (no judgments, been there). Goals keep us going no matter how big or small they are. And they’re fun and easy to set.
Honestly, I need goals to get things done. Weekly, daily…hourly. I’m a huge, huge procrastinator. The only problem is I often think of goals and never write them down, thus destining them to whither away in the back of my mind.
But forgetting goals doesn’t do me any good. So time to write them down, make a plan, and get them done.
1) Blog, blog, and blog some more.
- Become a more efficient writer. Writing comes easily, hitting “publish” does not. I could write and revision all day and still not publish a post, which makes me an inefficient blogger. There’s nothing wrong with that- we all start somewhere, of course. But I want to improve.
- Establish a blogging schedule with at least 3 posts a week. There’s only one way to get better at writing and that’s by writing. And writing a lot.
- Write more “Baby T” posts. I’m pregnant! This is my first one! That’s exciting! I’m learning a lot and going through changes that I’d like to share with all of you.
2) Pick paint colors for the nursery. Hubby and I are on slightly different pages with this one. We need to compromise to find something we both love.
3) Try a new recipe each week. Some of you out there are thinking, “Okay…that’s only 4 dishes, big whoop.” But let me tell you, it is a big whoop. I tend to stick with the same meals- partially because my work schedule always has me working over dinner, but also for the ease of it. I want to become more comfortable in the kitchen which means cooking more. Four meals (besides basic chicken, steak, veggies, and rice) is a challenging goal.
4) Do prenatal yoga twice a week. None of the yoga studios around me offer prenatal yoga. YouTube it is! Any recommendations?
5) Print and hang our freaking wedding photos. So let me tell you how big of a procrastinator I am: It’s been over a year since we’ve been married and I’ve yet to print our favorite wedding photos. Even though I’ve been talking about it since before we got married. The frames are ready to go, I just need to choose which photos to print in which sizes and get it done.
6) Journal every day. I started journaling a few weeks ago during our New Orleans trip but am still quite infrequent with it. My goal is to journal every day no matter how mundane the day is so I can look back months or years down the road and remember all the small things.
Question: What’s one of your goals for the month?