Any big weekend plans? My brother-in-law and his family are coming to visit tomorrow, then we’re going to a cookout Sunday to celebrate an early 4th of July. It’ll be a fun and busy weekend.
Can you believe June has already come and gone? This year is flying by! I made some goals for June at the beginning of the month. Here’s how they panned out…
1) Blog, blog, and blog some more.
- Become a more efficient writer. Done…ish? This comes with practice.
- Establish a blogging schedule with at least 3 posts a week. Done! Posting MWF seems to work best for me.
- Write more “Baby T” posts. Done! In fact the majority of June’s posts were baby related.
2) Pick paint colors for the nursery. Done! Not only did we pick the colors, we painted the room!
3) Try a new recipe each week. HAHAHA. I didn’t cook a single new recipe last month. Told you guys it was a big one for me! Fail.
4) Do prenatal yoga twice a week. Another fail. I tried a prenatal class on YouTube once and Ava kept interrupting. I’ll try again this month.
5) Print and hang our wedding photos. Didn’t happen. The frames are sitting in the exact same place they were last month.
6) Journal every day. Done! I set aside a few minutes every night to write about my day.
I also came across this really cool activity journal. It contains a year’s worth of questions, repeated for 5 years, so you’ll be able to see your answers for the previous years as time goes by. Some questions are silly, some are just about your day, and others really make you think. It’s a great buy!
I’m enjoying it so much I bought my dad one for his birthday.
Ok, so 3 out of 6 isn’t terrible. Now about July…
JULY 2017 GOALS
1) Be more present with Marcus, and in life in general. I’ve always struggled with this, as many of us do. But I’ve started to realize how much planning for a baby has already changed our relationship. Not necessarily in a bad way, but it’s easy to forget we’re still husband and wife before we’re parents…and a lot of that has to do with me and my “baby brain”.
2) Be more active with Ava (…and train her not to jump on people or go crazy whenever she sees another dog). Ava is a very active dog and I’ve kind of let our exercise slip due to either me being too exhausted or it being too hot outside. Then whenever we do go out in public, she acts wild because she doesn’t get much exposure to other people or animals. Walking with her and taking her out more often will help.
3) Find another DIY project to do. As much as a pain painting the diamond pattern was, we had such a sense of accomplishment when it was done.
4) Increase social media presence. Specifically Twitter and Pinterest. I’m finally jumping on the Twitter train (handle @mommabefit if you’d like to follow!) and am getting the hang of how it works. Also I’ve recently switched to a business account on Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/Momma_Be_Fit/) and have been working on boosting my boards.
5) Establish a newsletter for email subscribers.
6) Diversify my diet. How many of you get stuck in food ruts? I tend to eat the same things every day. And although 90% of it is healthy, it’s not incredibly diverse. Baby T can taste foods I eat now, so it’s even more important to eat a variety. Adding different fruits and vegetables to my meals will be a great start.
Have a wonderful weekend,
What’s one goal you have for July / this summer?
Do you have a Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook page for your blog? Promote it!