Holy moly, time is flying! 30 weeks down, 10 to go!
We’re a little over 2 months away from meeting our little one. That’s an exciting thought! And a little nerve-wracking, I’ll admit. I can’t help but feel we’re behind preparing for the baby. We have none of the crucial items needed for baby’s first few weeks, the nursery isn’t remotely done, we have no diapers stocked, and delivery kind of scares the crap out of me.
Marcus assured me we’ll have everything we need by September, a full month before baby’s expected arrival. And, as far as delivery goes, my plan is simple: to go with the flow and do whatever it takes to deliver a healthy and happy baby. Women have been doing it since the dawn of time. We’re made for it.
30 WEEK UPDATE
Hello, belly! I’ve been carrying high this entire pregnancy, but the belly has officially started popping out front. Baby’s starting to run out of room in there…and my pelvis and ribs feel it!
What’s going on with Baby T?
As big as a:
- Cantaloupe, Barbie car, or- my personal favorite- a large tub of ice cream.
- ~3.5 lbs
- HR 154bpm
- Lanugo has fallen off. Baby’s gaining more fat to stay warm.
- Can open eyes, although vision is poor.
- Recognizes voices.
- Strong enough to grasp a finger.
What’s going on with mom:
Weight gain so far: 14 lbs
- Banana bread and Goldfish crackers
- Pelvic pain, back pain, general discomfort.
- Shortness of breath- especially when trying to put shoes on!
- Fatigue and difficulty sleeping. Never-ending cycle.
- Passed the glucose test with flying colors.
- Got my TDaP vaccination and RhoGAM shot.
- Regular T-shirts can no longer contain the belly.
Marcus and I are heading to Alabama this weekend for a baby shower with his family, so I’ll be offline for a few days. Talk to you when I get back. Have a wonderful weekend!