I’ll be 23 weeks pregnant tomorrow! It’s hard to believe we’ll have a baby in our arms in 17 short weeks!
Here’s a summary of Week 22:
What’s going on with Baby T?
As big as a:
- Corn on the cob (10.9 inches, 15.1 ounces)
- Baby’s growing eyebrows, eyelashes, and head hair.
- Hearing is improving. He/she can pick up on sounds in my body and is developing a sense of balance.
- Improved motor skills. Baby’s touching everything in reach (and kicking, a lot!)
- Heart beat 143 BPM
What’s going on with mom:
Weight gain so far: 9 lbs. It feels like so much more.
- Greek yogurt with granola bars or cereal. I can’t get enough of the stuff!
- Plain M&M’s. It just so happened my mom mailed me some homemade Cracker Jack with added M&M’s the day I was really craving them. That’s good and bad, because the stuff is addicting!
- Crankier than usual. Small things annoy me much easier and I’m less likely to hold my tongue about it.
- Not as fatigued as I have been. I’m still worn out by the end of the day, but I haven’t been needing naps.
- Lower back begins to hurt after a few hours on my feet at work- that’s expected.
- Feet and hands swell to sausages if I walk around in the heat too much.
- HUNGRY! Baby’s moving more which means my appetite is increasing.
- Marcus is able to feel the baby kick! He felt them for the first time Memorial Day, when I was 21 weeks.
So far my belly has grown up rather than out. People at work that I haven’t told I’m pregnant are finally confident enough to ask without risking that they’ll hurt my feelings.
Now onto Week 23!
Have a great weekend,
Question: What’s one thing to NEVER say to a pregnant woman?