Hello, beautiful people!
How was your weekend and Father’s Day?
Time is flying with this pregnancy. We’ve already rolled into the 24th week already! 6 months down!
Marcus and I spent a few hours yesterday registering for the baby. Most of it has been done online so far, but it was so much fun going to the store to pick things out together! And it was cute seeing him get all excited. He was having a blast with the scanner.
What’s going on with Baby T?
As big as a:
- An eggplant, cantaloupe, or Atlantic puffin (I like the last one the best.)
- Around 13 inches long and 1.5 lbs
- Beginning to have taste buds. Meaning whatever I eat, baby can start to taste. Time to bump up fruits and veggies so we don’t have a picky eater on our hands!
- Lungs are getting stronger and producing a substance that helps them expand.
- Eyebrows, lashes, and hair coming in but lack color.
- Pinker skin due to more capillaries forming,
What’s going on with mom:
Weight gain so far: 10.5 lbs.
- No real cravings, but still eating a lot of Greek yogurt and cereal.
- Not as cranky as I was a few weeks ago, but I do get emotional a lot. I’ll cry over stupid things.
- Fatigue has come back. At least I got a full week without needing naps!
- Itchy belly due to it expanding. Been trying to keep it hydrated as much as possible.
- Round ligament pain, especially when I’m working out or walking a lot.
- Kicks are getting stronger by the day!
- The baby would now be considered viable if born prematurely. That’s some peace of mind!
My belly had grown enough that I can finally start taking transformation photos. This is 3 months of growth for our Lil Bubs. I’ve seen my body go from overweight to “shredded” for competitions and have spent so much of my adult life striving to maintain a certain physique (a downside of working in the fitness industry). So seeing my belly grow- and being happy about it for once- is a totally new sensation. And I love it!
Our next sonogram is next Monday. They’re going to check the placement of the placenta to see if it’s still previa. Finger’s crossed!
Marcus had duty Saturday and had to spend the day on the ship, so Ava and I took to the beach to take advantage of the nice weather. We’ve been having so much rain here lately, we had to take advantage of the sunshine!
I love taking Ava places, but she can be a handful when there are a lot of people around. She’s a social dog, which is great, but she jumps on people and gets overly excited whenever she sees another dog. We’re in the process of training her…but in the meantime taking her out in public is a hassle.
She was quite preoccupied with a dog in the distance.
Eventually she calmed down, with eyes still locked on the dog.
Ava and I played in between lounge sessions. She’d be a great seagull chaser if anybody’s hiring! 😉 …As long as it doesn’t involve going in the water.
Talk to you later!
Question: What did you do over the weekend?
Do you prefer the beach or pool?